Each author is available by phone, internet chat, or Skype (in some cases) to join you at a book gathering. Just email our Club Department at BookClub@VanillaHeartBooksAndAuthors.com for easy access. Please include contact information, preferred gathering dates, and title of your selection.
Table of Contents
- Smoky Trudeau Zeidel, The Cabin, 2nd Edition - James-Cyrus Hoffmann has just inherited his grandfather's farm, and with it a mysterious cabin deep in the woods on Hoffmann mountain; a cabin he has dreamed about since childhood. When James-Cyrus enters the cabin, he is vaulted back through time to the Civil War era, where he meets Elizabeth, the brave young woman who lives in the cabin, and Malachi, a runaway slave. James-Cyrus realizes his dreams of the cabin were visions of the past, and that Elizabeth is his great-great aunt—a woman who vanished without a trace from the family tree. He also learns of his ancestors' pivotal role in the lives of dozens of runaway slaves who were offered a safe haven at the cabin, a station on the underground railroad.
- Chelle Cordero, Hostage Heart - Life was hard after the hurricanes swept through, destroying her parents' home and livelihood... An errand for her boss - a chance encounter with a crew of bank robbers - a kind man who tried to help her ... a man who isn't all he seems...no, he is so much more
- Marilyn C. Morris, Sabbath's Gift - When New York writer, Joanna Elliott, flees her abusive husband to the Texas Hill Country, she and her six-year old son, Jason, unwittingly become a killer's prey. Joanna adopts a cat from the local veterinarian, Sam Kelly, who tells her that Sabbath "had belonged to a witch." Unexplained events unfold...what will happen?
- Robert Hays, The Baby River Angel - When Birdie Wilson and his two boys find a baby floating in a basket on the Ohio River, they can’t begin to imagine the impact their discovery is to have on their little town of Cambria.
- L.E. Harvey, Imperfect - Carol Mathers, in her mid-thirties, a highly sought-after IT guru in St. Louis. She has built a great life for herself with her partner, Alexandria, even though the two face prejudice as lesbians, and as an interracial couple -fighting tragedy and sometimes, triumphing amidst the chaos...
- Victoria Howard, The House on the Shore, 2nd Edition - This visually magical tale takes the reader on a journey from the remote shores of Loch Hourn in the Scottish Highlands to the singular beauty of Cape Cod. When Anna MacDonald leaves Edinburgh to find peace in the Scottish Highlands, she gets a twofold surprise: a lost sailor teaches her to love again...while a mysterious stranger has plans to kill her.
- Collin Kelley, Remain in Light - In 1968, Irène Laureux's husband was murdered during the Paris riots and his body dumped near Notre-Dame cathedral. Thirty years later, she finally catches up with his killer. With the help of American writer Martin Paige, Irène will illuminate decades of secrets and lies only to discover that her husband's death is part of something far more sinister.
- Malcolm R. Campbell, Sarabande - After her sister, Dryad, haunts her from beyond the grave for three long and torturous years, Sarabande undertakes a dangerous journey into the past– to either raise her cruel sister from the dead, ending the torment...or to take her place in the safe darkness of the earth.
- Charmaine Gordon, Reconstructing Charlie - Charlie Costigan has a secret. Home life gone from bad to the worst when she protects her mother from another vicious attack by her drunken father. Midnight. Clothes thrown into an old suitcase, she races for the bus with a letter to an unknown aunt and uncle. "This is my daughter. Embrace her as if she were your own." Determined, Charlie begins again. Alone with her secret.
- Janet Lane Walters, The Warrior of Bast - Tira is offered refuge from her deadly future….in an unknown ancient past, but she must remain there forever. Since the rebellion twenty years ago, the Two Lands has been without a ruler. Kashe wants to become a warrior of Horu. His father has other plans. Together, Kashe and Tira face nearly insurmountable challenges in their sacred quest, and find passion along the way.
- Anne K. Albert, Frank, Incense, and Muriel (Book One of the Muriel Reeves Mysteries) - What happens when a gullible intellectual reluctantly joins forces with her sexy high school nemesis, now an even sexier private investigator, to find a missing woman? The stress of the holiday season is enough to frazzle anyone's nerves, but Frank and Muriel must also deal with... an embezzler, a femme fatale, a kidnapper, and of course, Muriel's eccentric, (but loveable) family.
- S.R. Claridge, Russian Uprising (A Just Call Me Angel Mystery Suspense) - After a brutal attack on Tetterbaum’s Pub...the five Chicago families are infiltrated by the Russian Bratva. Angel is forced to take drastic measures to flush out the infiltrators before more people die. Traitors are friends and friends become enemies in this deceptive Mafia world, where Angel’s only hope of stopping the Russian uprising is to turn against her own blood.
- Melinda Clayton, Return to Crutcher Mountain - Jessie is a success, at least by all outward appearances. She's helped establish a wilderness retreat for special needs children on top of Crutcher Mountain. Everything has come together beautifully, until a series of strange events threatens to shut down the operation. Unsure what to expect, Jessie returns to West Virginia in search of answers and finds more than she bargained for.
- Angela Kay Austin, Sweet Victory - For her employees' sakes, Victoria James quits her job to save theirs and loses the man she thought she loved. Back to Memphis, Tennessee to a forgotten relationship with her grandfather, where everything she has is stolen. Chad Kirkpatrick, her childhood love, the first man to break her heart, now a police officer, comes to her aid. Will she put her past behind her? Will Chad forgive her?